Spiced chicken baked for about 25 minutes is delicious and moist and healthier than the deep fried version. A great favourite for the whole family
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 3 tblsp cornmeal
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, optional
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 2 chicken wings,
- Take a large plastic food bag and put in it a sprinkling of salt and ground black pepper, the spices, flour, cornmeal and thyme, if using.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and wings and seal the top. Shake the bag to coat them thoroughly in the flour and spices. Leave for at least 1 hr or more, if you have time, so that the flavours can mingle.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Tip the chicken pieces into a roasting tin. Drizzle with oil and bake for 20-25 mins, until the juices run clear when a knife is inserted into each drumstick.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.