An economical family meal taking advantaged of frozen ingredients – frozen kipper fillers and frozen vegetables
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g pack frozen kipper fillets with butter, thawed
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or garam masala
- 175g (6oz) mixed frozen peas and green beans, thawed
- 200g (7oz) couscous
- 400ml (14fl oz) hot fish or vegetable stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggs, soft boiled for 7 minutes
- Heat the oil with the butter from the packet of fish in a frying pan. Add the diced onion and allow it to soften over a moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, or garam masala to the vegetables and skinned kipper flesh, broken up into chunks.
- Sprinkle in teh couscous and pour in the stock. Turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. When the stock has been absorbed, give it all a gentle stir and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, shell the eggs, cut them into quarters and add to the couscous. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional information per portion