Add something new to your barbecue repertoire – tender lamb chops marinaded in garlic and lemon, grilled and served with a delicious herby, spicy sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 8 lamb chops, fat trimmed and bone scraped
For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
For the chermoula:
- 1 large red pepper, quartered and deseeded, or see tip
- ½-1 red chilli, halved and deseeded
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 rounded tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 3tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- To make the marinade: Mix all the ingredients together in a shallow dish. Add the lamb chops, coat well and leave them for 30 mins to 1 hour to marinate.
- To make the chermoula: Grill, or griddle, the red pepper and chilli until charred on the barbecue, or griddle pan, or on a baking tray under the grill. Put them in a plastic bag and leave for 5 mins for the skin to loosen. Peel off and discard the skin. Roughly chop the pepper and put it in a tall jug with the flesh scraped from the chilli, and the rest of the ingredients. Blitz with a stick blender until roughly mixed.
- Cook the chops on the barbecue, or griddle, for about 3 mins on each side, depending on their thickness. Serve hot with the chermoula.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.