A refreshing lemonade with lavender and a sweet tang of lemon. From our friends at Woman’s Weekly, this drink takes just minutes to make
Makes: 1.4 litre
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 unwaxed lemons, well washed
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon lavender essence (we used Kentish Lavender Essence, for use in ice cream and soft drinks)
- 1200ml water
- Take the zest off the lemons in large pieces, using a vegetable peeler and put into a heatproof jug.
- Add the juice from the lemons and the sugar to the jug and pour in 600ml (1 pt) boiling water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and leave to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture into another jug. Add the lavender essence and 600ml (1 pt) water, adding more water and ice to taste.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.