Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 150-170ml carton double cream
- 60g (2oz) icing sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 meringue nests, roughly crushed
- 4 level tbsp lemon curd
- 500g (1lb) silicone mould or metal loaf tin
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add the icing sugar. Whisk the cream
- until it forms soft peaks, and then whisk in the lemon zest and juice. Fold in the crushed meringues.
- Spoon the cream mixture into the loaf tin, alternating with teaspoonfuls of the lemon curd. Use a skewer to swirl the mixture lightly. Place the loaf tin in the freezer, and freeze overnight or until solid.
- To serve: if using a silicone mould, invert the ice cream on to a plate and peel away the mould. If using a metal tin, dip the base briefly into hot water and then ease the the ice cream out of the tin, on to a serving plate. Serve
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.