Fill a soft marshmallow meringue with a tangy lime filling to make this delicious lime meringue roulade. At only 260 cals per serving, it won’t damage your diet too much
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
For the meringue:
- 5 large egg whites
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 level tablespoon cornflour
For the filling:
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons lime marmalade, sieved
- Zest and 2 tablespoons juice of 1 lime
- Icing sugar, for dusting
You will also need:
- 23x33cm (9x13in) Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment
- Set the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2.
- To make the meringue: Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then gradually whisk in half the sugar until the entire mixture is stiff. Add the remaining sugar and cornflour and whisk briefly until it’s all mixed in.
- Spoon the meringue into the lined tin and level the surface, taking care not to press out too much of the air. Bake it in the centre of the oven for about 45 minutes, until it’s a pale golden colour and just firm to the touch.
- Remove the baked meringue from the oven and leave it to cool, uncovered.
- To make the filling: Whisk the cream until it just forms soft peaks. Stir in the marmalade and lime zest and juice. Turn the meringue out on to a sheet of baking parchment which has been dusted with icing sugar and peel away the lining paper.
- Spread the cream filling over the roulade and use the baking parchment to help roll it up.
- Dust over a little extra icing sugar before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.