Indulge yourself and your dinner guests with these irresistible triple layer mousse desserts. A layer of chocolate and white chocolate mousse topped with a dark chocolate sauce – delicious!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 100g bar dark chocolate
- 300ml pot whipping, or double, cream
- 100g bar white chocolate
- 1 gelatine leaf
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 6 tablespoons ready-made
- Belgian chocolate sauce (we liked Rowse Signature dark Belgian chocolate sauce)
- 6 small glasses
- Put the dark chocolate into a large bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave it until it melts. Take off the heat. Add 5 tbsp cream and stir until smooth.
- Put the white chocolate in a large bowl over the pan of water. Add 5 tbsp cream and leave to melt, stir until smooth.
- Put the gelatine in a bowl of cold water and leave for at least 5 mins to soften.
- Whisk the egg yolks and icing sugar into the melted dark chocolate. Squeeze the water out of the gelatine, add it to the white chocolate and cream mixture and whisk in until melted. Put back over the heat if necessary to melt it. Whip the rest of the cream (there should be half a pot), divide between the two chocolate mixtures and fold in.
- Whisk the egg whites and divide between the two chocolate mixtures, folding them in carefully.
- Spoon the dark chocolate mousse into the glasses. Chill for about 10 minutes until setting, then spoon the white chocolate mousse on top andleave to set. Spoon the Belgian chocolate sauce over just before serving.