The whole family will enjoy this luxurious seafood pie with fresh pesto and crème fraîche with a creamy mashed potato top
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1kg (2¼lb) potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 500ml pot crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g pack frozen seafood selection, thawed and drained
- 3 tbsp pesto sauce (fresh is best)
- 4 x 300ml (½ pint) pie dishes
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water, until tender. Drain, then put them back in the pan over the heat to dry out. Add the butter, 3 tbsps crème fraîche, season and mash well.
- Meanwhile, set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Divide the seafood between the pie dishes on a baking tray.
- Stir the pesto into the rest of the crème fraîche in the pot. Mix it in with the seafood in the dishes.
- Spoon the mash on top of the fish mixture. Bake for 20 mins, until pies are a golden colour.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.