A yummy dish using everyone’s favourite pasta, macaroni! The addition of minced lamb makes it a deliciously filling one-pot meal. It’s sure to be a hit with the whole family
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g (14oz) minced lamb
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 200g (7oz) macaroni
- 1 large egg
- 150ml (¼ pint) Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g (2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 60g (2oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ovenproof dishes
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins, to soften. Add the garlic and minced lamb, and fry for 10 mins, to brown it all over.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and sun-dried tomato paste, and cook for a further 10 mins, until the meat is tender.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the macaroni and cook for about 10 mins until “al dente” — tender, yet still with a slight bite.
- Beat the egg in a jug and mix with the yogurt. Season well.
- Spoon the lamb into the ovenproof dishes. Drain the macaroni and spoon it on top of the meat. Pour the yogurt mixture over, sprinkle with the Cheddar and feta. Bake for 25 mins until golden.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.