Delicious gravy accompaniment to your roast chicken made tasty and flavoursome with Spanish wine
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs:Cheap as chips
- Juices from the chicken or turkey pan
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- 2-4 tbsp Madeira
- Gravy browning, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Skim 4 tablespoons fat from chicken or turkey juices and put in a pan. Skim the rest of the fat off the juices and discard it.
- Measure out 600ml (1 pint) from the juices left or add water if necessary to make up to 600ml (1 pint).
- Heat the fat in the pan and then add the flour. Cook for about a minute, stirring well, and then gradually add the juices,beating well to give a smooth gravy. Add the Madeira and simmer the gravy for a couple of minutes. Add some gravy browning, if liked, and season to taste. Keep hot until serving time.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.