- 4 chicken legs
- 1 butternut squash, about 850g (1¾lb) – peeled and deseeded weight
- 2 red or white onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled, left whole
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1 rounded tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 large courgettes, sliced thickly
- A few fresh thyme sprigs
- Set the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Cut the squash into chunks, and mix in a roasting tin with the onion wedges and all but 2 of the cloves of garlic. Sprinkle in 1tbsp of the oil, mix well and season. Roast for 15 mins.
- Peel and crush the other two cloves of garlic and mix with the maple syrup, mustard and the rest of the oil.
- Add the courgettes and thyme to the squash in the roasting tin and place the chicken legs on top. Brush these with the maple syrup glaze. Roast for 50 mins – 1 hr until chicken is well-cooked and the vegetables are tender. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion