Cool off this summer with a glass of minty melonade. Made with refreshing watermelon and topped up with either lemonade for the kids or sparkling wine for the adults!
Prep time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 750g (1½lb) watermelon chunks (or half a watermelon cut into wedges, sliced away from skin, pips removed, cut into chunks)
- 20 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemonade, or sparkling wine, such as Prosecco
- Purée the watermelon with the mint leaves in a food processor, or use a stick blender.
- Strain into a jug, chill for an hour.
- Pour into a jug or glasses and top up the lemonade or chilled sparkling wine.
- Serve with a sliver of melon, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.