New potatoes cooked in a foil parcel on a BBQ with minty butter. Prepare in advance so they are all ready to put on the BBQ when your guests arrive.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 500-750g (1-1½lb) new potatoes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 50g (1¾oz) butter
- Salt and freshly
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer them for about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes well and leave them to cool.
- Place the potatoes on a double layer of foil, scatter the spring onions and mint on top, then put the butter in the centre and season well with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil up around the potatoes, keeping them in a single layer.
- Cook the foil parcel on a medium-heat barbecue for about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the parcel from the barbecue, carefully open it and tip the potatoes into a serving dish.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.