This nutritious and delicious bean salad with juicy cherry tomatoes and a tangy mustard dressing would make a perfect light meal and at only 180 cals, it’s great if you’re on a diet.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 90g (3oz) green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 410g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 410g can borlotti beans,rinsed and drained
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the green beans into a heatproof bowl with 2 tbsp water. Cover with cling film, pierce and microwave on high for 2 mins. Rinse in cold water and put into a large bowl.
- Rinse the chopped red onion in a sieve, to remove the strong flavour, and then add to the bowl.
- Gently mix in the celery, canned beans and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing: Put mustard, honey, and lemon zest and juice into a small jar with the oil. Season and shake to mix. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and stir lightly.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.