Ready in just 20 mins, this quick fruity dish is a easy, healthy option for dessert and it’s a great recipe to make with the kids
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 200g (7oz) frozen raspberries
- 90g (3oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp thickening granules (we use McDougalls Instant Thickening Granules)
- 380g packet frozen mixed summer berries
- 200g tub crème fraîche, for serving
- Put the raspberries into a pan with 5 tbsp water and the sugar. Heat gently, stirring from time to time, to dissolve the sugar and defrost the raspberries. After a few mins, when the fruits are softened, add the thickening granules. Stir gently until the juices are thickened and glossy.
- Add the packet of mixed berries, heat for 3 mins, then turn off the heat and allow the berries to soften in the warm liquid. Pour into a dish and leave to cool.
- Spoon the berry compote into glass dishes and top each one with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.