Looking for a healthier dessert? Try mixed berries topped with crunchy oats. The kids will love the sweet taste and you can give them more of their 5-a-day
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400g pack frozen berries: raspberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, blackberries (there’s no need to defrost them)
- 4 tsp cassis (blackcurrant liqueur), optional
- 4 tspgolden caster sugar
- 2 level tbsps thickening granules
For the topping:
- 60g (2oz) butter
- 60g (2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) jumbo oats
- ½ level tsp ground cinnamon
You will also need:
- 4 teacups, buttered, on a baking tray
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Divide the frozen berries between the 4 cups. Spoon in the cassis, if using, and sprinkle with the sugar and thickening granules.
- To make the topping: Put the butter and sugar into a pan and heat gently, stirring, to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Spoon in the flour, oats and cinnamon.
- Spoon this flapjack-style topping over the fruit. Bake for 25-30 mins until topping is golden.
Nutritional information per portion