If you’ve got some leftover roast chicken in the fridge but not enough to make a dinner, turn it into this creamy mustard toast topper for lunch.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 15g butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 150g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2-3 slices ciabatta, toasted
- A few lightly cooked asparagus tips
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the flour then gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the creme fraiche, mustard and chicken and heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast and scatter a few asparagus tips on top, serve immediately.