Enjoy this warm salad of tender new potatoes and crisp green aparagus tips topped with goat’s cheese, broad beans and mint
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 300g Jersey Royal potatoes or new potatoes, washed
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g fresh asparagus tips, trimmed
- 150g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 100g French goat’s cheese
- About 12 small, fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp good olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Halve or slice the potatoes, put in a large pan with the hot stock and simmer, uncovered, for 9-10 mins. Add the asparagus and beans, and cook for 3-4 mins until the potatoes are tender and the stock has reduced to a glaze. Drain the vegetables carefully into a serving bowl.
- To make the dressing: Warm the oil in a small pan, add the spring onions and cook for about a min until just beginning to wilt.
- Pour the warm dressing into the bowl and use your hand to coat the vegetables in oil. Break off pieces of goat’s cheese and dot them on the top of the salad, along with the mint leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 14.0g saturates 6.0g calories 250(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.