Chewy and crispy cereal bars made with puffed rice and toffee. This is very easy and quick to make without any baking. This recipe makes 12 bars.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 227g packet chewy toffees
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 200g pack marshmallows
- 200g (7oz) Rice Krispies
- 27 x 18cm (11 x 7in) tin, buttered
- Unwrap the toffees and put them in a bowl with the butter. Microwave on High for 2 mins (or put the toffees and butter in a pan and heat gently) until melted.
- Stir mixture well, then add the marshmallows and microwave on High for 1 min or gently in the pan. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cereal and mix until it’s completely coated in the toffee mixture. Tip into the tin and press down to level surface. Cool for 15 mins.
- Cut into 12. Cover the whole tin with cling film to take on the picnic. Or, alternatively, spoon into 12 paper cases and transport in a container.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.