Turn your leftovers into a tasty, quick supper
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 125g (4oz) bundle rice noodles
- About 100g (3½oz) cold cooked rare roast beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and cut into long thin strips
- 150g (5oz) beansprouts
- A good handful (about 10g/¼oz) each of fresh coriander and basil leaves, plus some mint leaves
- 2 tsp roasted peanuts, roughly crushed
- Sweet chilli sauce, for serving
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Put the noodles in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over them and leave them for 4 mins, until softened. Drain well, rinse under cold water and put back into the bowl.
- To make the dressing: Mix the lime juice, oil and fish sauce in another large bowl. Mix about half of this dressing into the noodles and divide them between 2 or 3 plates.
- Toss beef slices in remaining dressing. With tongs, arrange them on the noodles. To the dressing that’s left, add the chilli, beansprouts, coriander, basil and mint leaves. Pile this on top of the beef and noodles. Sprinkle with the nuts. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.