This quick and delicious dinner recipe is so simple – just coat with mustard and oats, then fry and serve with a healthy salad on the side
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 4 mackerel fillets, checked for bones
- 2 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 level tsp hot horseradish or horseradish sauce
- 4 tbsp rolled oats
- About 30g (1oz) butter
- Lemon halves
- Salad leaves, watercress or green beans
- Put the mackerel fillets, skin-side down, on a plate. Mix the mustard and horseradish and spread over the fish, and then press oats on top.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and, when foaming, add the fish, oat-side down, and cook for a couple of mins. Turn them over and cook for another min. Serve with lemon, and leaves or beans.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.