Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
300g Lean Beef for stir frying (eg Sirloin) cut into strips
1 Tbsp Cornflour
2 Tsp OXO Beef Shake and Flavour
3 Spring Onions – Sliced
1 Clove Garlic – Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger – peeled
1 Red Chilli – Finely sliced
1 Green Pepper – Seeded and sliced
1 Head Bok Choy – Roughly chopped
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1. Mix the beef strips with the cornflour and the Shake and Flavour Granules. Ensure the beef is well coated.
2. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add the oil.
3. When the oil is hot, carefully add the beef. Stir fry well for 2-3 minutes, stirring well.
4. Add the spring onions and pepper and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the bok choy, soy sauce and the water. Mix well, bring to a high simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring well adding a little more water if it starts to dry out.
7. Check that everything is piping hot and cooked through and then remove from the heat. Leave to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
OXO Shake & Flavour is sponsoring the Cookery Theatre at Woman’s Weekly Live, find out more here.