A cheap and easy to make pasta dish for children or adults that can be made in under 15 minutes with peas and leftover meat
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 150g (5oz) dried pasta bows
- 100g (3½oz) frozen peas
- 100g (3½oz) smoked bacon bits
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 mins (or according to pack instructions),until tender. Add the peas to cook for the last min. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon to release its fat. Cook until crispy, then add the garlic and spring onions, and cook for a further min.
- Mix the bacon mixture and juices with the pasta and peas, drizzle with oil and season with black pepper. Serve with grated Cheddar
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.