Use leftover ham to make tasty pea and ham soup. A simple, cheap and easy to make meal – perfect for a light lunch
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) ham stock
- 2 leftover cooked onions, chopped
- 2 leftover cooked carrots, chopped
- 500g (1lb) frozen peas
- 150g (5oz) cooked ham, cut into small chunks
- Put the ham stock into a large pan, add the onions, carrots and peas. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins, until the peas are tender.
- Use a stick blender or a food processor to whizz everything together until smooth. Add ham chunks, warm through and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.