You can cook this salmon dish on the barbecue or fry it in the pan. Serve it with warm aubergine salad.
- 4salmon steaks1-2tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2tbsp light olive oil
- 1 level tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Sea salt flakes
- Sprigs of tarragon, to garnish
For the mayonnaise:
- 4-6 level tbsp mayonnaise
- Finely zested rind of 1 lemon
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Wash the salmon steaks to make sure that there aren’t any scales, and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper. Brush each side of the salmon fillets with lemon juice and then olive oil. Season each side of the fish generously with the black pepper and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook the fish on a medium heat for 12-15 mins, turning it occasionally during cooking, so that it cooks evenly.
- To make the mayonnaise: Mix all the ingredients together and keep it chilled until serving.
- Serve the fish with a spoonful of mayonnaise on top, and garnish with a sprig of tarragon. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.