These delicate peppermint snowflakes are an elegant option for your Christmas spread. Ready in just 20 mins, they’re a fun, no-bake recipe to make with the kids
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 medium egg white
- 350g (12oz) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 3 tablespoons Sugar Sprinkles in white or any colour you like
You will also need:
- Snowflake cutter
- Baking sheet, lined with Bakewell paper
- Put the egg white in a mixing bowl and whisk it lightly to break it up, then sift in about a third of the icing sugar. Use a wooden spoon to beat it in to make a stiff paste. Add the peppermint essence and mix well.
- Sift the rest of the icing sugar on to the work surface, put the peppermint mixture on top and then knead it, incorporating the icing sugar, to make a smooth, pliable dough.
- Divide the mixture in half, and put half in a freezer bag. Roll out one half at a time to about 5mm (1⁄4in) thick and cut out snowflake shapes. Re-use the trimmings, add to the other half of the mixture, roll out and cut out more snowflake shapes. Put the shapes on the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the Sugar Sprinkles and leave to set firm. These will keep for a week if stored in an airtight container in a cool place.
Nutritional information per portion