Does your family love a crumble? Why not try something a little different by making a plum and blueberry filling and adding nutritious almonds to the topping
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 500g (1lb) plums, halved
- 200g (7oz) blueberries
- 125g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 orange, finely grated zest and juice
- ½ tsp almond flavouring
- 1 level tbsp thickening granules
For the crumble:
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- 60g (2oz) ground almonds
- 90g (3oz) butter, chilled
- 90g (3oz) golden caster sugar
- 30g (1oz) flaked almonds
You will also need:
- 1.75 litre (3 pint) oven-proof dish, buttered
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the plums and blueberries into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the sugar, orange zest and juice, almond flavouring and thickening granules. Gently mix everything together.
- To make the crumble: Put the flour, almonds and small chunks of butter into a food processor. Pulse to form fine crumbs, then add sugar and whizz quickly.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit and scatter with the flaked almonds. Bake for 30 mins until pale golden.
Nutritional information per portion