High in flavour but low in fat! Try these pork meatballs and a refreshing salsa as a healthy family dinner – it’s got less than 10g fat per serving!
Prep time: 35 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy peasy
For the meatballs:
- 300g lean minced pork
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the salsa:
- 200g carton ready-prepared mango
- 110g carton ready-prepared pomegranate seeds
- Freshly zested rind of 1 lime, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Pitta breads, warmed, to serve
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- To make the meatballs: Mix together all the ingredients. Divide mixture into 12 and roll each portion into a ball. Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa: Finely chop mango and stir in pomegranate, lime zest and juice and coriander, and mix well.
- Serve 3-4 meatballs per person with the pitta bread and salsa.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.