Try these little pots of sweet shrimps and delicate crabmeat in a zesty lime, fresh mint and flaked chilli butter – delicious served on warm ciabatta bread
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g (3½oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) cooked and peeled small prawns or shrimps
- 100g (3½oz) white crabmeat
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 rounded tsp chopped fresh mint
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 long slices of ciabatta bread, toasted, to serve
- Put the butter in a measuring jug in the microwave and cook on High for 2 mins, until it melts. Leave for about 10 mins for the milky solids to settle at the bottom.
- Meanwhile, mix the prawns, or shrimps, crabmeat, lime zest, mint, chilli flakes, if using, and seasoning. Divide this mixture between 2 ramekin dishes, packing it in fairly well. Pour over the clarified butter (strain it through a fine sieve) to cover the fish, leaving behind the milky solids. Chill for about 45 mins until set. Serve at room temperature, with toasted ciabatta. The potted fish will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.