A straight-forward and traditional recipe for a delicious Christmas starter
Prep time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
For the sauce:
- 4 level tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Finely zested rind 1 lemon
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the prawns:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- 300g packet of cooked and peeled king prawns
- To make the sauce: Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon rind and Tabasco sauce with the seasoning.
- Pour lemon juice into a bowl and mix in olive oil and dill, then add avocado and stir to coat in the dressing. Stir in prawns
- To serve: Spoon some of the prawn and avocado mixture on to each plate, arrange a few lambs’ lettuce leaves on top, and then spoon on some of the sauce
- Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of dill, and then grind black pepper over the top
- Serve immediately
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.