Succulent prawns, flaky salmon and a cream cheese sauce pack real flavour into this quick and easy pasta dish.
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 20 large pasta shells, e.g. conchiglioni rigati
- 200g carton cream cheese
- 4tbsp milk
- Finely zested rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 200g packet king prawns, raw or cooked, defrosted if frozen
- 160g packet hot smoked salmon
- 2 level tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon rind and sprigs of dill, to garnish
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 12-15 mins, or as directed on the packet, until they are just tender then drain well.
- Tip the cream cheese into a pan and add the milk, lemon rind and juice. Heat the mixture until hot, beating it well to give a smooth sauce (take care not to overcook, or it may curdle).
- If using raw prawns, add to pan and cook until they turn pink. Flake the salmon, add to pan and heat through. If the prawns are cooked, add them and the salmon at the same time, and heat through. Stir in the chopped dill and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture between the pasta shells and garnish with lemon rind and sprigs of dill. Serve straight away. (Not suitable for freezing.)
Note that calorie and fat values are for the maximum number of servings stated.Feature: Sue McMahon. Photos: David Jordan. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.