Juicy king prawns in a tasty garlic and lime marinade, grilled and served with tangy horseradish mayo. Simple but absolutely delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Total time: 21 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400g packet raw, peeled tiger/king prawns, defrosted if frozen
For the marinade:
- 2tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the horseradish mayonnaise:
- 150g mayonnaise, fresh or from a jar
- 1-2tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 6-8 skewers
- To make a marinade for the prawns: Mix together the sugar, oil, lime zest and juice, garlic and seasoning. Drain the prawns well and pat them dry, then stir them into the marinade. Leave the flavours to infuse for at least 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, to make the horseradish mayonnaise: Tip the mayonnaise into a bowl and stir in horseradish sauce to taste, and most of the chives. Spoon mixture into a big serving bowl, or individual ones, and sprinkle the remaining chives over.
- To cook the prawns: Heat the grill. Thread prawns on to skewers and cook them for 2-3 mins on each side under the grill, or until the prawns are pink, brushing them with the juices when they’re turned under the grill. Make sure that they’ve thoroughly heated through.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.