Add a little zing to your BBQ with these lemon, honey and dill-coated prawn kebabs. Extra tasty with a garlic mayo dip.
Prep time: 4 hrs
Cooking time:5 mins
- Finely zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1-2 level tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g packet raw king prawns (defrosted and drained if frozen)
For the mayonnaise dip
- 6-8 level tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 level tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Long skewers, wooden or metal (soaked in water if wooden)
- Mix together the lemon rind and juice, honey, dill and seasoning, then stir in the prawns. Leave the prawns to marinate for about 4 hours.
- Thread 5 prawns onto each skewer and cook them on a hot barbecue for 4-5 mins, turning them once or twice until they turn pink.
- To make the dip, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic and dill, then season with salt and pepper. Keep the dip chilled until serving.
Cook’s tip: The dip can be made a day in advance and kept in a covered bowl in the fridge. Stir it well before serving. Not suitable for freezing.Per serving: 126 calories; 9g fatFeature: Sue McMahon
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.