These pastries are made using ready-made croissant dough. Quick and simple, filled with apple, sultanas, honey and spice, like traditional Danish pastries. Great for breakfast or a tea time treat
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1 can croissant dough
For the icing:
- 60g (2oz) golden icing sugar
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Baking sheet, lined with baking parchment
- Put the apple, honey, lemon juice, spice and sultanas into a bowl. Microwave on High for 4-5 mins, until the fruit is tender. Alternatively heat them gently in a pan, to soften. Cool.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Open the can and unroll the croissant dough. Cut through the perforations to separate it into triangles.
- Spoon a tsp of apple mixture on to each triangle and spread it over. Roll up to create a crescent shape and put on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown.
- To make the icing: Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in the honey and 2 tsp hot water. Drizzle the icing over the cooling croissants.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.