Tapenade is a French dish made of olives, anchovies, capers and garlic. To make, blend all the ingredients together and add olive oil. Perfect for dipping or can used as a spread
Prep time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 200g (7oz) whole pitted olives (kalamata, black or green or a mixture)
- 6 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1-2 peeled and chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp capers
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put olives, garlic, capers, anchovy fillets, thyme and lemon juice in a small food processor, or in a jug, if using a stick blender.
- Slowly add olive oil, blending well, to make a paste. Season with pepper.
- Hand around crackers or French bread for dipping, or use as a spread on bruschetta or a relish with fish, meat (especially roast beef) or vegetables. Keep in a jar in the fridge. Use within 1 week.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.