A great healthy tea-time treat. These cookies are made with quinoa which makes them extra crunchy. Quick and easy to make, the mixture can be made in advance and frozen.
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 60g (2oz) quinoa
- 60g (2oz) cornflour
- 100g (3½oz) rice flour
- 125g (4oz) light muscovado sugar
- ¾ level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½-1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 75ml (2½fl oz) olive oil
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp runny honey
- 1 large egg
- 60g (2oz) white chocolate chips
- 60g (2oz) plain or milk chocolate chips
- 2 baking trays, lined with Bakewell paper
- Mix the quinoa, cornflour, rice flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Measure the oil in a jug and whisk in the vanilla extract, honey, egg and 4 tsp water. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. The mixture will be a bit sticky. Chill for 30 mins.
- Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put 6 tbs quantities of the mixture, well-spaced, on each baking tray. Place chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool and firm on the tray for a few mins. Carry on making more. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.