Sue McMahon, Woman’s Weekly cookery editor, gives her recipe for this impressive dish. Follow along in the easy step-by-step video
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 5 medium egg whites
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 level tablespoon cornflour
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 150ml carton double cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon curd
- 125-175g (4-6oz) raspberries
- Extra raspberries and mint leaves, to serve
You will also need:
- 33 x 21cm (13 x 81/2in) Swiss roll tin lined with baking parchment
- To make the meringue, set the oven to Gas Mark 2 or 150°C.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, using an electric whisk if possible. Add 1 tablespoon caster sgar, whisk again to form stiff, but soft peaks. Add half the remaining sugar and whisk until stiff and shiny. Quickly whisk in the rest of the sugar and the cornflour.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Bake for 45 minutes in the centre of the oven utnil it’s just firm to the touch. Cool, uncovered for at least 1 hour.
- To make the lemon filling, lightly whip the cream until it just forms soft peaks and fold in the lemon curd.
- Turn the meringue out onto a sheet of baking parchment, dusted with icing sugar. Trim off the edges. Spread over the lemon cream mixture.
- Scatter the raspberres over the top and then roll up, from one of the short sides, using the paper to help roll it up. Transfer to serving dish and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve sliced with a few extra raspberries and mint leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.