These cupcakes are a great recipe to make with the kids as they require no baking – you simply chill a mixture of Madeira cake, raspberries, chocolate and cream cheese with a few store cupboard ingredients
Prep time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 100g bar white chocolate
- 300g (10oz) Madeira cake
- 1 medium egg white
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 200g tub cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 100g (31⁄2oz) raspberries
You will also need:
- 5.5cm (21⁄4in) cutter
- 8 muffin cases in muffin tins
- Put the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until it melts. Stir and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut the Madeira cake into 8 slices, then roughly crumble each slice at a time and pack the cake crumbs into the cutter. Press it down really well to form a disc of cake. Put this in a muffin case and press into the base. Repeat with the rest of the cake slices.
- Whisk the egg white to a stable foam, then whisk in the sugar to glossy peaks. Add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate and mix well, then fold in the meringue mixture and all but 8 of the raspberries. Spoon the mixture on to the cake in the muffin cases. Smooth the tops and pop a raspberry on each one.
- Chill until firm — about 2 hours or overnight is fine.
Nutritional information per portion