This low-fat ice cream is still so tasty – and will be a hit with the whole family.
Makes: 1 litre
Prep time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 x 500g cartons of 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) frozen raspberries
- 1 litre (1¾ pint) freezer container
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl, add 150g (5oz) caster sugar and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice-cream machine, or place it in a suitable container, and freeze it until it’s thick and creamy, stirring occasionally to break up any ice crystals.
- Leave the raspberries to defrost, then purée them and sieve them to remove the seeds. Stir in the remaining sugar.
- Tip half the yogurt into the freezer container and pour over about half of the raspberry purée.
- Use a skewer to swirl the raspberry purée into the yogurt. Spoon the rest of the yogurt mixture on top and pour over the remaining fruit purée. Swirl together
- Freeze until solid and cover container.
- Remove from the freezer about 20-30 mins before serving, to allow it to soften enough to scoop it out easily
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.