This crunchy, classic accompaniment gets a colourful twist with red cabbage, and the nutty poppy seeds add extra texture
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsps honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Mix together the mayonnaise, honey and seasoning to taste and then stir in the poppy seeds. Stir in the cabbage, carrot and spring onions and season before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.