Liven up Christmas dinner with these chic looking red fruit vodka jellies. This dessert is so simple to make – prepare in advance to give you more time to entertain guests.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 4 sheets of leaf gelatine
- 450ml (¾ pint) cranberry and raspberry juice drink (eg, Ocean Spray)
- 2 level tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml (¼ pint) vodka
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tbsp)
- 175g (6oz) frozen raspberries
- Put the sheets of gelatine in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave for 5 mins to soften.
- Heat the cranberry and raspberry juice in a pan until warm. Whisk in the sugar and then take off the heat. Squeeze water from the gelatine, add the gelatine to the warmed juice and whisk in until it dissolves. Put the pan back on the heat to melt it, if you need to.
- Stir in the vodka and lime juice and pour into a jug. Leave to cool.
- Divide the frozen berries between 6 tall glasses and pour jelly over. Leave for a couple of hours or overnight to set. Serve decorated with pared lime strands.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.