An Italian-inspired topping for ciabatta toast with soft ricotta cheese, Parma ham and pesto with a sprinkling of frozen soya beans
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g fresh edamame beans, or frozen soya or broad beans
- 2 slices ciabatta, toasted
- 2 heaped tablespoons ricotta
- 2 slices Parma or prosciutto ham, crisped in a frying pan
- A few pine nuts, toasted
- Drizzle of pesto
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the edamame beans, soya beans or broad beans in boiling water for 3 mins, drain.
- Spread the toasted ciabatta with ricotta.
- Place the beans and ham on top and sprinkle over the pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with pesto and olive oil and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.