Mini bagels, split and the halves spread with mayonnaise and various fresh salady toppings. Great food for a party, wedding buffet or afternoon tea
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 10 mini bagels, halved
- 20 tsp mayonnaise
- 320g jar pickled quail’s eggs, sliced (we used Opies)
- 1 punnet mustard and cress
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 125g (4oz) white crabmeat
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salmon caviar
- 125g (4oz) hot smoked salmon, flaked
- Sprigs of fresh dill
- 125g (4oz) roast chicken tikka pieces, sliced
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- Fresh chives
- Spread each bagel half with 1 tsp of the mayonnaise, then top with sliced quail’s eggs and some mustard and cress; or cucumber slices with crabmeat, seasoned with black pepper and lemon juice and a little salmon caviar; or hot smoked salmon with a few tiny sprigs of fresh dill; or chicken tikka with mango chutney and some fresh chives.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 hours.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.