This baked butternut squash, topped with Camembert cheese, is delicious on its own or as a side dish, great for Halloween or Bonfire Night.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total time: 1 hr 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2 small butternut squashes, halved and seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 150g (5oz) Camembert cheeses, halved horizontally
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Set the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6). Put the squash into a roasting tin and season well. Sprinkle with the garlic, nutmeg and a few thyme sprigs, and drizzle with oil. Roast for 1 hr until the flesh is just tender.
- Place each Camembert half in the squash cavity, and top with more thyme sprigs and a few tomatoes.
- Roast for 10 mins until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are beginning to char.
Nutritional information per portion
Fat 20.0g, Ssaturates 11.0g, Calories 370(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.