A great dish for the whole family. This roasted variety of Mediterranean vegetables is healthy and delicious. Serve with couscous and hummus dip.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 12 cooked baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 large courgettes, cut into thick slices
- 2 small red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled, lightly squashed
- 200g tub ready-grilled artichokes
- 200g (7oz) couscous
- 300ml (½ pint) hot stock or water
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g tub hummus, to serve
- Set the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7. Spoon the oil into a roasting tin and put in the oven to heat up for 5 mins, while you prepare the vegetables.
- Mix the potatoes, fresh vegetables and garlic in the hot oil in the tin and roast for 40 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the artichokes to the pan for the last 5 mins of cooking.
- Put the couscous into a bowl, pour the hot stock or water over and leave for 5 mins, until the liquid is absorbed. Add the roasted garlic purée, squeezed out of its skin, lime zest and juice and seasoning, to taste, and fluff couscous up with a fork.
- Season the vegetables and serve with the couscous and hummus (drizzle with oil from the artichokes, if you like).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.