Fed up with plain cheese on toast? Try this delicious toast topper pepped up with roasted red onion and tomato chutney that is perfect on toasted bloomer bread.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Red Leicester cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices bloomer bread, toasted
- Tomato chutney, optional
- Spread the red onion slices on a foil-lined grill pan, drizzle with the olive oil and cook under a medium grill for 5 mins, turning occasionally until softened and starting to char at the edges.
- Spoon the onion and any juices onto the toasted bread, top with slices of Red Leicester cheese and put back under the grill to melt the cheese.
- Top with tomato chutney, if you like.