- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, quartered and deseeded
- 1 large courgette, cut into 8 thin strips lengthways
- 4 pitta breads
- 2 small handfuls of rocket leaves
- 125g pack mozzarella, drained and sliced into 8
- A few fresh basil leaves, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a griddle pan and rub oil sparingly over the red pepper and courgette strips. Put the vegetable strips on the griddle and cook until browned and softened. Do this in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your griddle. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- Heat the pitta breads on the griddle. Cut a strip off a short edge of each pitta, put a knife inside and ease it open to make a pocket.
- Push some rocket leaves in the bottom, then fill the pockets with strips of red pepper and courgette and slices of mozzarella. Add some basil leaves, if you like.
- Season with pepper and add a dash of oil, if desired. Pack 2 pittas per person in a lunchbox. Wrap a paper napkin round the pittas to eat them.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.