Rocket isn’t just for salads. Whizz it up and make an instant pesto sauce that you can stir into pasta dishes.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 100-120g bag rocket
- 50g (1¾ oz) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 8tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 50g (1¾ oz) pecorino cheese, finely grated (or other vegetarian equivalent)
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pasta like spaghetti, to serve
- Shavings of pecorino cheese, to serve
- Place the rocket leaves and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor, or blender, along with the olive oil, garlic, pecorino and lemon juice. Purée until the mixture is almost smooth but still has some texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then drain it thoroughly. Add the pesto to the pasta, according to taste, and stir well to coat in the sauce.
- Spoon the pasta on to serving plates and scatter some shavings of pecorino over and serve immediately. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.