Buy a pot of ready-prepared crabmeat and mix together with salmon to make this really easy dinner party treat that looks so impressive.
- 100gcarton white crabmeat140g packet smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 level tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1tbsp virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200ml carton creme fraiche
- 1-2 level tsp horseradish sauce or relish
- Sprigs of dill
- Slices of lemon
- Lumpfish roe
- Salad leaves
- Line a small baking sheet with cling film and place the 4 metal rings on the tray.
- Put the crabmeat, smoked salmon, spring onion, dill, olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning into a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 rings, pressing it down firmly.
- Mix together the creme fraiche and horseradish sauce or relish and spread it over the top of the fish mixture.
- Chill the fish for at least 2hrs, or overnight.
- Slide a wide palette knife under each ring in turn and transfer them to a plate. Lift off the ring. Garnish each with a sprig of dill, a quarter of a slice of lemon and some lumpfish roe, and serve with salad leaves. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.