Celebrate any occasion with this party favourite! Pork and herb sausages with finely chopped onion and English mustard wrapped in delicious puff pastry, these sausage rolls could not be easier to make at home
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 375g packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2-3 tbsps English mustard
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400g packet 6 sausages, skinned, eg, pork and herb
- Beaten egg, to glaze
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry, cut it in half lengthways and brush water down one long edge of each strip. Spread the mustard down the centre of the pastry and scatter the onion on top. Line up 3 sausages down the centre of each and press the ends together to make a continuous strip of sausagemeat. Roll the pastry up over the sausages and to seal the filling inside. Cut each strip into 6, and cut 3 slashes diagonally on the top of each.
- Place the sausage rolls on a baking sheet and glaze them.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until pastry has risen and is an even golden colour.
- Remove the sausage rolls from the oven and transfer them a wire rack to cool. Serve them warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.